April 4, 2014
I was checking out what’s on the top of the bestseller list this week – lots of different writing styles and topics to choose from.
The libraries have 20 copies of each of the books on the bestseller list – so take a look today!
I quit sugar for life – Sarah Wilson
The fault in our stars – John Green
Be careful what you wish for – Jeffrey Archer
The book thief – Markus Zusak
Bootlegger – Clive Cussler
Concealed in death – J.D. Robb
Words of radiance – Brandon Sanderson
The 39-storey treehouse – Andy Griffiths
Gone girl – Gillian Flynn
To help you find your next great read, we have put together a list of all the current and recent bestsellers here
March 17, 2014
February 7, 2014
Relax with a book, newspaper or magazine, use our computers or Wi-Fi, have a bottle of water on us, and just chill!
If your home is air-conditioned and you don’t want to venture outside, then you can easily download a library e-book, put up your feet and ride out the heat.
Glen Eira City Council also has great tips for staying safe during a heatwave.
January 31, 2014
Opening hours have been extended at Bentleigh, Carnegie and Caulfield libraries on Sunday to give residents a cool place to escape the heat. The libraries will be open from 12pm until 8pm.
161 Jasper Road, Bentleigh
7 Shepparson Avenue, Carnegie
Glen Eira Town Hall, Corner Glen Eira Road and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield
January 21, 2014
With Australia Day approaching, it’s great to see that four Australian books made it to the top 10!
Top Ten Books for 2013 –
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid : Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney (228,400 copies sold)
2. Jamie’s 15-Minute Meals by Jamie Oliver (173,800 copies sold)
3. Inferno by Dan Brown (173,400 copies sold)
4. Save with Jamie by Jamie Oliver (157,300 copies sold)
5. The 39-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton (136,200 copies sold)
6. The Tournament by Matthew Reilly (114,400 copies sold)
7. Guinness World Records 2014 (97,300 copies sold)
8. I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson (92,400 copies sold)
9. Ponting: At the Close of Play by Ricky Ponting (89,100 copies sold)
10. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (88,600 copies sold)
What was the best book you read last year? And what’s on your list for 2014?
This year’s first Book Chats theme is “Best sellers from 2013″ – drop in and join in the discussion.